Very Cool - Newsboys Concert!


Went to my THIRD Newsboys concert last night! They always put on such a great show! Duncan just rocks those drums man! I sincerely miss Peter as the lead singer for the Newsboys!  I loved his voice and his vibe!  (a moment of mourning) 

Not that Michael Tait doesn't rock the stage.  I mean come on, it's like getting DC Newboys!  They even sang Jesus Freak (but left out a few verses -- oy that bugged my son and I.)  No matter, the whole show was great, nevermind my nitpicking and complaining. 

Loved hearing that when their new song "Born Again" hit the Billboard Charts, it came out at #4 -- above the much disliked (in my circles anyway) Justin Bieber.  How awesome is it that a Christian band with a song called Born Again can hit Billboard charts at NUMBER FOUR!  Rock on men!

The Fish 95.9 Radio was also a sponsor of the event and was celebrating their 10th anniversary being on the air!  So they had cake at their booth and after the concert, the Newsboys came down to cut cake and serve it to the fans.   Alexander was 3rd in line and was able to get his box of Captain Crunch Cereal signed by the whole band.  Hannah got concert tickets signed (for her and her friends, Michelle and Charlotte who joined us for the event)
As the band came out to cut the cake, Michelle, Charlotte & I were in the perfect spot to meet them.  Duncan stopped and talked with us for a bit.  He asked the most important question he could, "how was the drumming!?"  Patted Charlotte on the head, touched Michelle on the arm.  I, being so cool, gave him a fist bump!  Oh yeah, that's me, Bridgette, the super rockin' mom!  (hey, stop laughing!)

You can order THE NEWSBOYS new album (do we call them CD's now? not albums?)  'BORN AGAIN' for ONLY $5 as a digital download on Amazon.com right now!  I don't know how long this offer is good for, but man, what a deal!!!
 I also learned that my son can really dance!  I mean, the kid has moves!  We were all cheering him on to do more and more.  I don't know where he got that from (OK, Mom/Grammie, I'll give you a shout out here...).

Do I have to tell you that this morning was really hard?  That having a concert on a Thursday night was not all that wonderful in the timing area? 

At least it was all for a good cause.  I was actually brough to tears by the reason for the whole concert.  It was a fund raiser for Water for Water.
Mariners Church is raising money to build a well in Haiti to give water to the people living on land at a sister church.  Their water supply is going to be cut off soon.  We learned that we aren't just drilling a well there, but sending over all the equipment to drill the well and training the people to do the drilling themselves so that they can then take the equipment to other villages to drill more wells and provide clean water to more people increasing the blessing.  It's such a beautiful idea I was really touched by the whole thing.  We bought water and will continue to buy water and I think my kids are going to have a lemonade stand and do other things to raise money for this.  I love when kids (and adults, lets be serious here) are able to step outside of themselves to see the needs of others.  To give sacrificially.  It really puts our own problems in perspective!

That's all for today. 

Blessings onya!

0 comments:

Labels