Romans 1

LIFE TRANSFORMATION

We discussed what we are hoping to get out of the study and the general feeling is that we are all very excited about doing this book!  Life Transformation is definitely the phrase for the book of Romans.

Some things the group is looking at, thinking about:

  1. What does it mean to live by faith on a daily basis?
    • I know what how to live by acceptance, but then find I am living without expectation or hope.
    • 2 comments to that:
    • Faith is a relationship with Jesus that helps us become like him.
    • When we go through a trial, are you going to be better or bitter?
  2. Righteous = state of being "in the right" in relation to God.
  3. Walking  in newness of life
  4. Walking in newness of spirit
  5. Chapter 8:15:  "We did not receive a spirit of bondage again to fear."
  6. Faith
    • Importance of knowing what we (I) believe
    • How do I know God is God
    • Ultimately comes down to evidence in nature (1:20)
    • Lisa is going to come up with a list of questions we should be able to answer at the end of Romans that will help us 'give an answer to the faith that lies within us.' (ability to witness to our faith in many circumstances quickly, easily, without fear)
  7. Startling to realize how easily I can live my daily life and offend God.  I need to be more aware of this and alter my behavior.
Great first week.  I'll send prayer requests via email.

Blessings on everyone. 
I love the idea someone shared of reading Romans weekly.  Not sure I can pull that off, but it did really spur me to want my Bible really in my mind and heart.  As we so obviously come into end times and become further surrounded by so much evil and false beliefs, we will be required to rely more and more on the knowledge within our own hearts and minds. 

GOD IS GOOD!
ALL THE TIME!

0 comments:

Labels