Womens Small Group Dinner

The dinner was delicious (Daphne's with Cheesecake for dessert) and the speaker was good. 

Bruce Marciano


He reminded me of Steve Carrell (did anyone else get that?). 
A few notes from his talk... just bullet points.
  • Learning to pray; turning from prayer being about me, to prayer being about God.  About understanding who He is.
  • Praying without righteousness, but a desperation that Jesus would reveal Himself to me.
  • Jer 29:13:  ..."when you seek me with all your heart."
    • Very hard to do this in OC, surrounded by so much comfort
    • People who visit poor countries as missionaries are often surprised by their happiness when they have so little.  
    • Something happens in the void of things.
  • Ps 139:13  He formed us in our mother's womb.
    • How does Jesus feel about us?  He formed us!  We are all His babies!
    • He watches us in the hell of our own decisions.  The destructiveness of our lives and says "Come to me!"
  • Come to me what Jesus' heart cry, not a calm quiet statement.
  • Every page of the Bible message simplified:  "Come to me!"
  • When we are asked to Describe Jesus we usually come up with big words:  omniscient, all powerful, etc.
    • When Jesus had opportunity to describe Himself, He said "I am gentle.  I am humble of heart."  He's not up on a throne waiting to throw lightening bolts at us every time we misstep.
  • "Come to me and I will give you rest."
  • Lord, Thank You for Your word!!
  • A man's heart is reflected in His actions (and his actions).  What is Jesus' heart?
    • jesus gave Himself away.
    • In every story we see Jesus giving Himself away.
    • Think of all the people who wanted a piece of Him, His time, to be close to Him, the crowds, pawing at Him and He gave Himself to them.  
    • Jesus, will all this incredible power & He never used any of it for Himself.  
    • After feeding the 5000 Jesus had the disciples go and buy food for them to eat.  Kind of funny really.
  • "It is finished."  Like saying "Dad, we did it!"
  • Where would I be if Jesus hadn't sacrificed Himself for me?  He was EAGER to sacrifice Himself for me!  For the Joy set before Him.
  • LORD, LET ME EAGERLY SERVE YOU! 
Then we had communion and said a blessing over each of the Bible Chicks there (we are special, we said a blessing over each of us!)


I got this cool sash with everyone's name on it!
and we had our group picture taken...


It was a lovely night!
Thanks so much Mariners for being such a great church!!


1 comments:

i so love the picture of us!! it is so fun!!!

 

Labels